There are several options for Parking in Almuñécar. Some of the options have a time limit, while others are more worry free. You must be aware of the different seasons, dates and hours for the “On street pay parking“, as it can be a bit confusing.
When parking along the street in town you will notice various colored dashes along the road. There are signs posted along the way which explain what these colors mean, but you need to get out of your car to read the signs.
Street Parking in Almuñécar
On street pay parking (with time limits)
Insert Coins, Press Green Button, Retrieve Ticket
up to 30 minutes 0,40€
up to 60 minutes 0,60€
up to 2 hours 1,40€
(this was accurate at time of publishing, please check signs for current info)
Blue dashed lines –
Streets with parking regulated during the entire calendar year, with set dates and times.
Blue and Yellow dashed lines –
Streets with parking regulated all year or with seasonal hours. Check the signs where you park. Often it is July/Aug and Semana Santa, but check the sign.
Monday – Friday 9:00 -14:00 and 17:00-20:00
Saturday – 9:00 -14:00 Sunday – Free
Blue and Green dashed lines – Seasonal
Streets with parking regulated during Easter and Summer (The Friday before Easter until Easter Sunday and 1 July through 31 August). A maximum of 6 hour per vehicle per day
Monday – Sunday 11:00 -15:00 and 19:00-22:00
Free street parking
You may park where there are no road markings or in the spaces with the White dashes painted.
Underground pay parking
- If you park in a garage you pay per the amount of time you are there. Most of them are open 24 hours a day, so you don’t have to rush back to your car. You may often park by the hour, day, week or month as well. Check with the attendant at the garage.
- Many of these will have a sign posted with “Libre”. This does translate as “Free” in English, but it means there are Parking Spaces Free/Available. In Spain “Gratis” means free without payment.
- There are various under ground locations along each of the main beaches (Paseo San Cristobal, Paseo de Altillo and Paseo de Velilla).
- There is also one on the Main road in town (Av. Juan Carlos I).
- Please refer to the Town Map and look for the big P to see where the underground parking is located.
Free validated parking
- Many of the grocery stores will offer parking and validation, if you make a purchase. Dia% and LiDL both have outdoor parking. Each Mercadona has underground parking. (with time limits)
Parking Ticket and How To Pay Fines
We have all done it and taken our chances parking without buying a ticket or perhaps we were late to return to the car by just a few minutes. That feeling you get when you see a ticket on your windshield isn’t good. Especially when you see the fine is a whopping €60. Not to fear, there are cheaper ways to pay your fine. Within the hour of the ticket is the cheapest and then the price goes up. Read more details about how to pay a parking ticket in Almuñécar.