If you are looking for things to do in Almuñécar, this should get you started. There are activities for all ages and plenty to do and see. From enjoying nature to exploring our past, you will enjoy the surrounds of this great place.
Things To Do In Almuñécar – Points of Interest
- Aquarius Aquarium – Located just behind the Mercado Municipal in the town center. This is a white building with the aquarium underground and a large plaza and cafe above.
- Ayuntamiento – Town Hall
- Bonsai Gardens
- Calle Real Fountain
- Castillo de San Miguel – St. Michael’s Castle
- Archaeological Museum – Cueva de Siete Palacios
- Fish-Salting Factory – Located just below the Castle within the El Majuelo Botanical Park.
- Friday Market
- Geocache for Almuñecar
- Historical Well
- Iglesia de la Encarnación
- Loro Sexi Exotic Bird Park
- Majuelo Botanical Garden and Park
- Municipal Market (Mercado Municipal)
- Palacete de la Najarra – Tourist Office
- Peñones del Santo Almuñecar (Holy Rocks)
- The Phoenician Necropolis of Puente de Noy
- Playgrounds and Parks – Almuñécar
- Plazas around Almuñécar
- Roman Aqueduct Ruins & playground
- Roman Baths and Aqueduct Ruins
- Walking – Self guided walking tours
- Wine Tasting & Roman Aqueduct Tour
- Movies! Enjoy the cinema in a various settings!
Things To Do In Almuñécar – Monuments
- Monument to Phoenicians – Along the Paseo del Altillo.
- Monument to the Shipwrecked Sailors – La Herradura
- Monument to Water – 3 sculpted men dipping into the water
- Monument to Blas Infante Arches – Puerta de Almuñécar
Things To Do In Almuñécar – Adventure/ Nature / Culture
- Aqua park – What better than a water-park just at the end of Velilla Beach in Almuñécar.
- Almuñécar Beaches
- Quad bikes in Nerja/Frigiliana (please tell them Heidi from Wagoners Abroad & Almuñécar Info sent you)
- Hiking and walking for all fitness levels and all ages!
- Horse Riding, Lessons and multi-day Trekking in the beautiful Las Alpujarras
- Jeep Excursions (please tell them Heidi from Almuñécar Info sent you)
- Mountain Biking Trails
- Nerja Caves
- Paragliding (please tell them Heidi from Almuñécar Info sent you)
- Parks/Playgrounds (you may also view the town map )
- River Rafting! (please tell them Heidi from Almuñécar Info sent you)
- Spanish Sugar Mill and Rum Tasting (Cultural sugarcane Trail)
- Sculpture Garden in Jete (150 sculptures by 15 international artists set amid a lush garden full of tropical trees, shrubs and flowers. Open Sundays 10-4. Entry € 10 , includes refreshment and tapa.)
- Spanish Fruit Tasting in Almuñécar
- Ski the Sierra Nevada Mountains (rental equipment and clothing available)
- Water Activities (Kite surfing, wind surfing, paddle board, Kayaking and more) all along the beaches in the summer months, July & August.
- Walking – Self guided walking tours
Things To Do In Almuñécar & Day Trips
- Spanish Sugar Mill and Rum Tasting – Motril
- Wine Tasting & Roman Aqueduct Tour – Almuñecar
- Spanish Fruit Tasting in Almuñécar – Almuñecar
- Make Ice Cream! Along with fruit tasting and demo– Almuñecar
- Málaga Food Tour – A Perfect Day Trip From Almuñécar – Málaga
- Otivar and Jete
- Vélez de Benaudalla – spectacular drive through a gorge, popular for rock climbing!
- Las Alpujarras
- A Day Trip from Almuñécar To Granada – Things To Do
- How To Ride A Segway In Granada Spain
- A Day Out to Frigiliana
- Segway Malaga Experience – City & Gibralfaro, with amazing views
- Mijas Pueblo
If you have something you would like us to add to “Things to do in Almuñecar”, just let us know.
There are also many organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. There is so much to do and Viator has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Spain Deals!