Sometimes you need a little extra help to ease the stress and help you navigate your new home. Almuñécar Info provides in-depth local knowledge to help ease the stress of your move to Costa Tropical. We have lived in the area for seven years and provide you with experience and knowledge. All of this information is needed to help you make informed decisions on where to live, residency, schools, banking, shopping, health care and more. We will also give you the inside scoop for activities, restaurants, beaches, sights to see and more.
All prices quoted will have the addition of taxes (+IVA)
Table of Contents
- Understanding The Area
- Costa Tropical Properties
- School Registration – €250 +IVA
- Opening a Bank Account – Bundle €85 +IVA
- Insurance – pricing varies
- Self Employed – Autonomo
- Technology – pricing varies
- Notary Services
- Buying a Property
- Getting Settled in Spain
- Consultations or Q&A
- Customized Services & Packages
Understanding The Area
3-hour Almuñécar Tour – €225+IVA
- We begin with a quick coffee and chat to get to know you and gather your likes, desires and needs to customize the tours. It is a great time to get some of your questions answered as well as getting to know the area.
- The Big Picture Tour! We provide an overview driving tour of the area from Taramay to La Herradura, locations may vary based on your desires. This tour will be in our car and a maximum of 4 people may be passengers. This will give you a feel for the different areas and neighborhoods of Almuñécar. We will also show you how the location of a property within the hills and canyons, in town or on the beach may vary with the path of the sun. In addition, activities, schools, restaurants and more will be pointed out as well.
- Day-to-Day Life Tour. In addition, we provide a walking tour of the town center. This will include historical sites, as well as the pointing out the markets, restaurants, shopping, banking, schools, and a dip into the pedestrian alleyways of the old town. This will provide you with a feel of the day to day life in the city and will be customized based on your desires.
Costa Tropical Properties
We work with you to identify what is important to you and your family. From an in-town apartment to a villa in the hills with a private pool, from short-term rentals or long-term rentals to purchasing a property, we can help with the property search.
We work with all of the estate agents in town and can provide you with the best recommendations based on your needs, sales, rentals, long-term, holiday. After we have a clear understanding of what you want, we can help you with the search, visit on your behalf, or arrange a visit for you. If you have some links to properties you would like to send us for feedback or take advantage of our knowledge of that area, we can do that too.
Property Search – pricing varies
Once we’ve received the detailed requirements from you, we will search to identify possible options for you. We will provide 3-10 properties for your review. We will also provide you with the tools in the “just the basics” option. a customized map will be created just for you, so you can see where the properties are located.
Property Viewings – pricing varies
- Viewings on your behalf – Based on your feedback, we can view the properties in advance for you. Often a property may look great in pictures, but the reality can be different. It is possible the photos are very dated, the apartment is located above a disco, at the top of a very steep hill, or perhaps it is surrounded by holiday rentals and you may feel isolated in the winter. These services can save you time and money.
- Viewings with you – Sometimes it is nice to have an extra set of eyes and ears when viewing a property. We can attend a viewing with you, to provide the same details and local expertise mentioned above. We can provide you with an objective opinion about the property or area, as we aren’t tied to the rental or sale of the property.
Just the basics – €25+IVA
If you have the time and are comfortable searching the web on your own, we provide you with the basics to get you started. We provide a neighborhood and area overview. This includes special tips and things to keep in mind, like the sun! We will also provide links to many of the local estate agents and searching sites. It is just what you need to search for a property in the area.
If you’re considering a move to Spain from outside the EU or within the EU, we can help you with the administrative parts of the process. You will need to consider many things including residency, schools, healthcare, opening a bank account, insurance, phones, the internet, and more.
TIE – Resident Card – Contact us for pricing
The foreigner’s office (Extranjería Motril) for Costa Tropical is located in the Motril Police Station (Comisaría de Policía Nacional). They are open Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 14;00. Appointments are required to apply for an NIE or TIE.
NIE – Numero de Identidad de Extranjeros, TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjeros / Resident Card
- Make appointments for you at Motril Foreigner’s Office
- Request NIE – Numero de Identidad de Extranjeros
- Request TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjeros / Resident Card
- Residency for EU citizens
- Residency for EU / Non EU family
- Attend appointment in Motril Foreigner’s Office
- Review paperwork and attend the appointment at Motril Foreigner’s Office
Certificate of Registration – Empadronamiento – Bundle €65 +IVA
Register with the municipality of Almuñécar for their census. This is needed for many other administrative tasks, as well as school registration.
- Guide you with the process for the Almuñécar empadronamiento – €25
- Attend with you to obtain your Almuñécar empadronamiento – €50
Just the residency basics – €45+IVA
If you have the time and are comfortable with heading out on your own. We email you detailed instructions for obtaining your residency. The process you need to follow at the foreigners office for your NIE (foreigner’s identification number) or TIE (foreigner’s resident card). This does not include visa applications for residency. Just the process for EU citizens, as well as an EU citizen with non-EU family members, and the Spain portion of the non lucrative visa. If you need just the NIE to open an account or purchase a property, we provide instructions for the NIE request too. We inform you on where to register with the town hall to obtain your empadronamiento too. Map locations are also provided as well as items to bring with you.
Americans Retirement or Non Lucrative Visa Spain Residency
If you are Americans moving to Spain, we can help you with the full process. We offer packages and products to help with the non lucrative visa as well as the Spain retirement visa. This specific service is done via our Wagoners Abroad site. We offer full move to Spain packages, time based consulting, as well as ebooks and products.
School Registration – €250 +IVA
Providing information about the local area schools (public and private) to help with your research, checking for space availability, scheduling a school visit, help with registration
Opening a Bank Account – Bundle €85 +IVA
We recommend Sabadell Bank. With multi-lingual agents, it is good to deal with your finances in a language familiar to you. They also offer many insurance options (auto, home, health and more). In addition, we can recommend money-saving tips on international money transfers and more.
- Make appointments for you at Sabadell Bank, greet you at the appointment time and introduce you to banking agent – €20
- Attend the appointment with you, to open your bank and/or insurance accounts at Sabadell Bank – €75
Insurance – pricing varies
We provide recommendations for local agents for private health insurance, home or renters insurance, pet insurance, and auto insurance.
Self Employed – Autonomo
- Setting up your business and all aspects of being self-employed. (Autonomo)
- Advice and preparation of Taxes
Technology – pricing varies
- Advice and assistance with internet, mobile phones, and television bundles
- Advice and assistance with internet
- Advice and assistance with mobile phones and SIM cards
- Advice and technical support for purchasing or using a computer, laptop, electronic device
Establishing accounts with the various utility companies for your new residence.
If you need something notarized, we can get you to the right person.
Buying a Property
Services to review contracts, taxes and paperwork.
Getting Settled in Spain
This ebook provides you with tips and information to plan for your move as well as getting settled, once you arrive. It reviews residency, insurance, banking and more. Click here to read more.
Consultations or Q&A
Sometimes you just have questions and want to chat with someone to get those questions answered. We can meet in person with you in 30-minute blocks of time. All Services are provided by Almuñécar Info.
Consultations – 30-minutes €50 +IVA
Customized Services & Packages
We are able to customize our services to meet your needs, so please let us know what you desire. Please contact us to schedule your appointment, to begin the process, or to receive an estimate for a customized package or service.
Please fill out the contact form with your detailed inquiry, someone will reply shortly.
All prices quoted will have the addition of taxes (+IVA)