If you are just looking to explore a little outside of the city for the day, we have many options for you to choose from. Of course, we have these listed as day trips from Costa Tropical (Almuñécar & La Herradura Spain), but you obviously can depart from where you like. It is just some inspiration for you to try out some new places.
Table of Contents
- Day trips from Costa Tropical within Granada Province
- Day trips from Granada Costa within Málaga Province
- Day trips from Almuñécar & La Herradura a bit further out
As you know the municipality of Almuñécar consists of a few towns (Almuñécar, La Herradura and several areas inland like Torrecuevas). This is all part of Costa Tropical or the Granada Costa.
We will provide you many options for day trips from this general area and they will be grouped by the destination province. Almuñécar & La Herradura are in the province of Granada on the coast.
Day trips from Costa Tropical within Granada Province
Things to do in Granada Spain (city, mountains & countryside)
- Wine tasting on a day trip
- Hiking in Monachil
- Hiking In Spain – Awesome Guides In The Spotlight
- Amazing things to do in Granada Spain!
- Day Trip To Nevada Shopping Center From Almuñécar
- An Experience Glamping in Spain! Yurts, Tipis, Igloos, Gypsy Wagons!
- Hiking in Granada Spain – check out Monachil
- Granada Albaicíin on Segways!
- The Science Park, Granada – Parque de las Ciencias
- Ice Skating at the Granada Ice Arena
- Castril SpainWe Are So Lucky! and That’s No Bull
- Day Trip to Pampaneira,Las Alpujarras Mountains (Granada, Spain)
- Water Fight! Lanjarón– Fiesta del Agua y del Jamón
- River Rafting! (please tell them Heidi & Alan from Almuñécar Info sent you)
- Meet the Flintstones! Sleeping In A Cave House (Baza Spain)
- Museum of Honey (Lanjaron)
- Ski the Sierra Nevada Mountains (rental equipment and clothing available)
- Horse Riding, Lessons and multi-day Trekking in the beautiful Las Alpujarras
Please tell them Heidi & Alan from Almuñécar Info sent you!
Click on any of the photos below to go to the detailed post with information and directions.
Things to do in Costa Tropical Spain (Almuñécar, La Herradura, Motril, Salobreña & more)
- Costa Tropical Old Spanish Sugar Mill & Spanish Rum Yum!
- Club de Golf Granada – Where To Golf near Costa Tropical
- Nude Beaches – Almuñécar
- Where it’s Made – Bodega Montero (Ron Pálido Rum Factory Motril)
- How Olive Oil Is Made in Otivar, Spain
Day trips from Granada Costa within Málaga Province
Things to do in Costa del Sol Spain (Malaga)
- Food Tour Málaga – A Perfect Day Trip From Almuñécar
- How To Get To Larios Mall – Almuñécar to Málaga
- Professional Spanish Fútbol in Málaga
- Segway Málaga Experience – City & Gibralfaro, with amazing views
- Hiking El Caminito del Rey
- The famous Costa del Sol Spain!
- Don’t Miss This Costa del Sol Gem – Estepona
- Out for a drive – Mijas y Marbella
- Meeting the Lobos! You can see wolves. Between Málaga and Cordoba
- You Must Visit Ronda Spain and A Town Where People Live Under a Rock!
- Ronda Spain and An Amazing Prehistoric Cave – Off The Beaten Path
- Ronda a week of Spanish Immersion for Alan
- The Nerja Caves Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Wise Tips – Cuevas de Nerja (Nerja Caves)
- Pueblo Blanco – Frigiliana Spain a “Photo Walk”
- Quad bikes in Spain – A Must Do in Frigiliana Spain
- How To Devour Málaga With All Of Your Senses
Day trips from Almuñécar & La Herradura a bit further out