Almunecar & La Herradura
Almuñecar & La Herradura are located in the heart of Costa Tropical. This coast meanders along a shoreline of picturesque beaches and pristine coves, complemented by the beautiful backdrop of the mountains and the warm waters of the Mediterranean. It is located within the Province of Granada in the Autonomous Community of Andalucia. Almuñecar is the municipality and also a town. La Herradura is a village within the Almuñecar municipality.
Therefore, this stretch of the coast offers visitors the unique opportunity of enjoying a subtropical microclimate in southern Spain, nestled between Costa del Sol of Málaga and Costa de Almeria. The average temperature is 20º Centigrade (68ºF) with approximately 320 days of sunshine a year. The summer months can reach near 32º Centigrade 89ºF) and the winter months 9º Centigrade (48ºF). This Spring-like climate has helped the gentle slopes and fertile plains that rise up from the beach to grow a large variety of produce and delicious Spanish fruits. Read more about the weather in Almunecar or el tiempo en Almunecar.
Culture & Charm
The Tropical Coast is speckled with alluring typical Spanish towns and villages with a Moorish flair. Each of these offers the visitor a broad range of tourism possibilities, including all types of water-sports, outdoor activities, in addition to interesting culture and history. Costa Tropical is situated near 3 Airports (Málaga, Granada, and Almería).
Visiting or Living in Almunecar – La Herradura
Living in Almunecar Spain is a treat and Almunecar Info should help you find answers to those practical expat questions like;
“How do I pay a parking ticket?”, “How do I get to Almunecar from the airport?”, “How do I fill my butane?”, “What is the Almunecar city bus schedule?”.
It doesn’t matter if you are just moving to the Costa Tropical, lived here for years, or just visiting, you are bound to have questions and we hope to have the answers. Everything is written in English, just for you. Our business directory will help you figure out when things are open versus closed and more.
Of course, sometimes a business will just put a sign up in their window stating they are “on vacation”, so we can only tell you what we know. If they don’t provide the hours or days, then it is tough for us to share them with you. Go ahead and check out all of the things to do and places to eat. Thanks for visiting and please do contact us, if you feel there is something which should be covered.
AlmunecarInfo.com provides self-guided walking tours of Almuñécar and the surrounding areas.
The Welcome Walk, The Outer Loop, The Cotobro Colinas & more coming soon.
These are all self-guided walking tours which provide you with directions, as well as historical information and tips.
Our passion is traveling, exploring and experiencing.
- El Grupo Teatral del Colegio de Abogados de Granada representó con éxito en Almuñécar la obra «Los Pelópídas»
- La cerveza artesanal Sagral de Almuñécar participa con un stand en la Oktoberfest de Torrox 2022
- Almuñécar y Cariñena (Zaragoza) celebran este fin de semana su primer intercambio juvenil casi 50 años después del hermanamiento
- El Patronato de Turismo ha recibido la certificación que acredita a Almuñécar y La Herradura como DTI
- Almuñécar presenta la primera acción del Plan de Sostenibilidad Turística en destino con la plataforma Aumentur
- Ya es posible ver en directo Almuñécar gracias a la emisión en directo de Streaming
- El Patronato de Turismo y el Puerto de Motril reciben a ejecutivos del Grupo Internacional de Destinos de Cruceros
- El Patronato de Turismo da a conocer a los 12 galardonados con el premio de Turismo 2022
- Almuñécar rinde homenaje al espetero con un monumento junto al paseo de San Cristóbal.