Live like a local and get your daily shopping done at the Almuñécar Municipal Market.
CLOSED as of March 2020
A new municipal market will be built in its place.
The new municipal market proposal: Approximately 200 underground parking places, 40 market stalls (20 fish stalls, 10 greengrocer stalls, 6 butcher / delicatessen stalls, 4 stalls for other products for sale). Read more here.
Alternative shopping options
In the meantime, you may find individual shops close by. There are several booths set up at Plaza Kuwait, by the Aquarium. This is just behind the old municipal market to purchase some of the items which were sold at the municipal market. A bakery is also just behind the former municipal market. There are now also several freestanding fresh fish shops nearby as well.
- Fish and seafood, look for the pescadería
- Meats, look for the butcher, which is a carnicería
- Produce, fruits/veg, look for frutería
- Breads, baked goods, look for the pandería
- Delicatessen. look for a charcutería
Read more about shopping in Almuñécar.