As you know Malaga is the nearest airport to Almuñécar, and if you want to explore Spain while you are here, then a car rental from Malaga airport is a great option. You will be able to get off the beaten path and discover small villages, move on your own time schedule, and likely get a better deal by renting a car at the Malaga airport. We will review with you some of your options for your car rental Malaga Airport.
Car rentals in the Malaga Airport
There are over 20 car hire companies at Malaga, but only 8 of them are located inside the airport. They are Avis & Budget, Sixt, Europcar, Record Go, Goldcar, Hertz & Firefly. We have used most of them over the years and they all have been pretty good to us. You can of course check their respective websites, but we seem to find better deals going with a search aggregator option. That said when you book with them directly, but you can often receive specials if you belong to their loyalty programs.
Where to pick up your car rental from Malaga Airport
Car hire Malaga airport inside the terminal, will be down by baggage claim carousels 28-31. As you exit the baggage claim area follow the signs for car rental inside the arrivals at Malaga airport. This is where you will find the car rental desks to take care of the logistics of picking up your rental car. Once you are finished there, they will inform you how to access the parking garage and walk to your car. Typically they are at ground floor level or one or two levels lower, depending on the company you are renting from. Malaga airport map!
Malaga airport car rentals offsite
There are several other car rental companies located off site, which are all very close to the airport. Most are less than a 5-minute shuttle ride away. These many times have lower prices and are often booked through the aggregate sites. In fact some of these sites have a filter for you to choose if you would like a car rental in the terminal, offsite, or either.
Where to pick up your car rental from Malaga Airport offsite locations
Malaga Airport car rentals with shuttle service will greet you as you exit the baggage claim area, just before you exit the building inside the arrivals at Malaga airport. They will verify your reservation and direct you to exit the arrivals area and walk to the right. You will go around the corner and wait in the shuttle bus area for the appropriate bus.
Booking your rental car from the Malaga Airport
Cheap car rental Malaga Airport:
These are the tools we use when booking cars at the airport.
– Save up to 10% on car rental worldwide
The search aggregators: These are search engines which compile many car rental companies and provide a nice matrix or comparison chart, so you can find the best deal possible. This is usually how we rent our cars and believe me we search them all for the best deals. This is how you will find the best car hire Malaga airport deals!
- We almost always compare prices from all major flights, car hire companies and more with Skyscanner
- There are also the biggie vacation bookers with car rental deals like Expedia.com – Cars
- AutoEurope is another and the have an offer to Save up to 30% on Car Rentals Worldwide
- We also see some good deals with Holiday Autos, especially in the winter. Rent a car with Holiday Autos
- You can almost always find a good offer on Rental Cars . com and you can search on the Rental Cars Homepage
- We have found some really good deals with DoYouSpain
- Check prices for a Car rental in Spain with Easy Car. You may search for a rental now in the box below.
Driving instructions from Malaga to Costa Tropical
Save me or Pin Me!
Additional Driving in Spain Resources
- Driving in Spain – Everything you need to know and more! This is our ebook on just about anything you would want to know about driving in Spain. We’ve received glowing feedback from our readers.
- Curious about those Spanish road signs? We help you figure many of them out and have a little fun with it.
- Do you plan on Driving in Portugal? You may want to read these tips on the toll roads first.
Also, there are many organized tours for you to enjoy from being active on walking or biking tour, to enjoying a food or wine tour. There is so much to do and Viator has so many great offers for you. Click here to see their latest Spain Deals!
Where to Stay in Spain
We have the best Spain holiday rentals here:
- Apartments & Villas with Vrbo, find your vacation rental now.
(Over 2000 listings for the area)
- Apartments, Villas, & more with Flipkey – Click here for availability and pricing
(Over 1000 listings, some have long-term rental pricing as well)
- Apartments, Hotels & more with Booking – Click here for availability and pricing
Property Owners: you may list your holiday property or room rental for free with TripAdvisor.
Tell us about your experience with your rental car from Malaga Airport in the comments below.