There are several options for Parking in Almuñécar. Some of the options have a time limit, while others are more worry free. You must be aware of the different seasons, dates and hours for the “On street pay parking“, as it can be a bit confusing.
When parking along the street in town you will notice various colored dashes along the road. There are signs posted along the way which explain what these colors mean, but you need to get out of your car to read the signs.
Street Parking in Almuñécar & La Herradura
How to Pay for Parking in Almuñécar & La Herradura
On street pay parking (with time limits)
Touch the screen, press 1 for the city center Blue Zone, Enter in your matriculation or license plate number using the keypad. Insert Coins, Press Green Button, Retrieve Ticket. Better yet, you may pay by credit card too, or use the app explained below.
City zone (Azul)
up to 30 minutes 0,40€
up to 60 minutes 0,60€
up to 2 hours 1,20€
(this was accurate at time of publishing, please check signs for current info).
Almuñecar has one of the most modern vending machines on the market, the Came Parkare TEMPO, as of May 2022.
The dispenser has an alphanumeric keyboard where the user, in order to obtain the parking ticket, must enter the number plate of the parked vehicle.
ANULACIÓN DE DENUNCIA ELECTRÓNICA
The extended keyboard allows the cancellation process to be carried out simply by entering the registration number of the affected vehicle and the amount of the cancellation.
Electronic parking payment – no coins!
This is the way to do it! You don’t need to go track down a machine and have coins at the ready!
They also offer an app to use for payment called parking libre (it is no longer easypark), your personal parking meter via your smartphone. Please click here for full instructions on how to use the electronic parking payment. You can sign up for the app, add money to your account, select your parking zone and you are done.
Here are step by step instructions for the app.
Through the simple “Parkinglibre” application downloaded for free on your Smartphone, you must register and enter your personal data and those of your vehicle.
From that moment on, you can make the initial payment or renew your ticket from this application on your Smartphone. An intuitive and simple interface will guide you step by step to carry out the operation successfully.
What advantages does this system have?
Payment of the amount from any location without having to go to the dispenser.
Avoid the need to have cash (coins).
Make the payment without having to wait for the usual queues at the vending machine at times of maximum turnover.
Notice of proximity of expiration of the ticket.
Cancellation of complaints without going to the parking meter.
You can even pay any parking fines! We use this and love it! If you are out around town and know your time is going to expire, just take out your phone and add more time to your ticket! No more running back to the machine and then back to the car to put the new ticket in the window.
As an added bonus, this app will allow you to “stop” your parking time too, so less money spent. If you paid for 30 minutes, but returned in 15, you can stop the “parking”. So it is only charging you for the time used.
TIP! Save your parking slip!
If you pay at the machine and get a paper ticket and move your car within the same colored zone (all blue dashes to a new parking space with all blue dashes), then you may continue to use the same parking slip you originally had. Of course this is providing you still have time left on it. Let’s say you bought 1 hour of time and parked by the Aquarium for 30 minutes (blue dashed line), then you wanted to move and park near the post office (blue dashed line). You would still have 30 minutes valid on your slip and could just continue to display in your window for 30 minutes, while at the post office.
*you may NOT use a parking slip from one zone for another zone (NO blue dashes moving to orange/ blue dashes)
Street Parking Zones
Click here to see an interactive map of all parking zones in Almuñécar & La Herradura.
Blue dashed lines – Azul General City Zone
Blue dashed lines – Azul General City Zone
Streets with parking regulated during the entire calendar year, with set dates and times. 2 hours maximum. Monday – Saturday 09;00 – 14:00 (city center and along Av. Europa).
Blue zone Almuñecar electric car
The DGT establishes a classification of vehicles based on their polluting power and supporting the most environmentally friendly vehicles in the promotion of new technologies through tax benefits or benefits related to mobility and the environment.
The advantages of free parking and/or unlimited time for electric vehicles are applied depending on what is decreed by the city council of each locality.
Blue zone Almuñecar hybrid car
The advantages of free parking and/or unlimited time for hybrid vehicles are applied depending on what is decreed by the city council of each locality.
Vehicles that do not have to pay in the blue zone of Almuñecar
The parking of the following vehicles is not subject to the Tax Rate regulated in this Ordinance:
- Motorcycles and Mopeds, except quadricycles that will be required to pay the tax rate, except for electronic quadricycles.
- Vehicles parked in areas reserved for their category and activity.
Auto taxis vehicle when the driver is present.
- Vehicles in official service, duly identified, owned by a State body, Autonomous Community, Local Corporations or Autonomous Entities that are directly and exclusively intended for the provision of public services within their competence, when they are performing such services.
- Diplomatic representation vehicles accredited in Spain, identified with diplomatic registration plates, subject to reciprocity.
- Vehicles belonging to Social Security or the Red Cross and ambulances.
- Vehicles owned by the disabled, when they are in possession of the corresponding special administrative authorization.
If you do receive a fine and you feel you meet the requirements of one of the above, you may dispute it at the traffic office on the 2nd floor of the central bus station.
Paseos Maritimos Seasonal & Beach Zone
Blue and Orange dashed lines – Paseos Maritimos Beach Zone
Streets with parking regulated all year or with seasonal hours. Check the signs where you park. It is 1 July through August 31 and Semana Santa, but check the sign. A maximum of 3 hour per vehicle per day. Daily (Monday – Sunday) 11:00 -15:00 and 19:00-22:00
Blue and Green dashed lines – Seasonal Paseos Maritimos Beach Zone
Streets with parking regulated during Easter and Summer (The Friday before Easter until Easter Sunday and 1 July through 31 August). A maximum of 3 hour per vehicle per day
Daily (Monday – Sunday) 11:00 -15:00 and 19:00-22:00 Click here to see thecurrent parking rates.
If you receive a ticket while parked in the Blue or Blue with green or orange, don’t panic! The fine on the ticket is extremely high, but if you read the fine print you can pay a much lower fine. Only €3.50 if it is within 2 hours of being issued and €7.00 if it is within 3 hours of being issued. More about how to pay the parking find below.
- You may park on the street, where there are no road markings or in the spaces with the White dashes painted.
- As per the above notes, much of the seasonal parking is free during the off season (September – June, excluding Easter).
- There is also free parking available most days in the fairgrounds lot along the N340, across from McDonald’s, LiDL and Dia.
- Parking is not allowed from 23:00 Thursday through Friday late afternoon, due to the Friday Market.
- Also from 23:00 Saturday through Sunday late afternoon, due to the Sunday Market with second hand goods.
- Of course we also have the Almunecar feria the week leading up to August 15th, when the fair is going on, so no parking at all that week.
Underground Pay Parking
- If you park in a garage you pay per the amount of time you are there. Most of them are open 24 hours a day, so you don’t have to rush back to your car. You may often park by the hour, day, week or month as well. Check with the attendant at the garage.
- Many of these will have a sign posted with “Libre”. This does translate as “Free” in English, but it means there are Parking Spaces Free/Available. In Spain “Gratis” means free without payment.
- They do offer options for a weekly, monthly and “annual” parking pass. The “annual” pass is really 10 months, September – June. Then a higher monthly fee for July and August, which is high season. I believe the 10 month pass is about 500€ and the monthly is about 70€. Please note these are just estimated prices and will likely vary slightly, so please check with the parking garages directly. They are outlined on the map below with the letter “P”.
- There are various under ground locations along each of the main beaches (Paseo San Cristobal, Paseo de Altillo and Paseo de Velilla).
- There is also one on the Main road in town (Av. Juan Carlos I).
- Please refer to the Town Map and look for the big P to see where the underground parking is located. If you wish to enlarge the map below, select the box in the upper right corner of the map.
Summer Outdoor Parking Lot:
During the summer months, you will also find a dirt lot with hundreds of parking spaces. They charge about 3€ per day and may have offers for weekly, 2 weeks or monthly places. The gate is manned from 08:00 – 24:00, July and August only. It is located 2nd line from the beach, across from the Centro de Salud. It is near Playa Puerta del Mar and is marked on our map with a P.
Free validated parking
Many of the grocery stores will offer parking and validation, if you make a purchase. Dia% and LiDL both have outdoor parking. Each Mercadona has underground parking. (with time limits)
Parking Ticket and How To Pay Fines
We have all done it and taken our chances parking without buying a ticket or perhaps we were late to return to the car by just a few minutes. That feeling you get when you see a ticket on your windshield isn’t good. Especially when you see the fine is a whopping €60. Not to fear, there are cheaper ways to pay your fine. Within the hour of the ticket is the cheapest and then the price goes up. Read more details about how to pay a parking ticket in Almuñécar.
La Herradura Parking Summer 2019
As in previous years, the town hall has reached agreements with different landowners in La Herradura to make them available for car parks.
An offer of more than 800 places that will come to alleviate a major parking problem in La Herradura to facilitate visitors.
? Parking Pantano 300 squares
? Parking Las Tejas 250 squares
? Parking El Vivero 300 squares
? Parking El Barranquillo 90 squares
More information about Driving in Spain
- How To Get From Malaga To Almuñécar
- Malaga Airport Parking
- 9 Useful Tips For A Car Hire In Spain
- Driving in Spain – Everything you need to know and more!