Almuñécar is on the Costa Tropical and by road is 75 kilometers from Málaga, 80 kilometers from Granada, and 129 kilometers from Almeria. It is easy to make your way to and from Almuñécar and you have several transportation options.
From Granada to Almuñécar
There are frequent buses directly between Almuñécar and Granada, and some from the Airport as well. There are more options if you can take a bus from the airport to the main bus station in Granada. The price is roughly about 8 euros each way, depending on the class of bus and route you select.
Traveling from the Granada Airport to Almuñécar :
If you miss the Alsa bus and need to make a connection through the central bus station, this is the most common bus service used from Granada Airport. It is operated by a company known as Autocares José González. From Granada Airport, the buses depart after each arrival flight, from outside the arrivals hall.
The price of the journey is 3 Euros, and bus tickets are available for purchase from the bus driver. Inquiries relating to the bus service can be made at the information desk found within the terminal, where there is a sign that lists the schedules of the bus services. Keep in mind that bus schedules are sometimes changed due to flight times.
Traveling from Almuñécar to Granada City Center
It is about 75-90 minutes by public bus from Almuñécar To Granada bus terminal. Please allow time to travel within the city to your destination. You would depart Almuñécar from the central bus station. You may purchase tickets within the station or you can book now in advance.
Click here for timetables and prices for buses.
The bus to Granada takes you to the Granada Central bus station. To get to the center of Granada take bus 3 or 33, which will take you to the Cathedral. You may also take the LAC, SN1 bus, which goes directly from the bus station to the Cathedral on the Gran Vía: it is not necessary to change buses. More info on Granada Local Buses.
Going to visit the Alhambra?
Use the bus directions above for transport from Almuñécar To Granada bus station. From there you have a couple of options via public transportation.
- Walk over to the Juan Pablo II – Estación Autobuses
- Get on bus 33 towards “Avda. Sierra Nevada – Los Pinillos” and ride about 10 min (8 stops)
- Get off bus 33 at Gran Vía 5- Catedral
- From here you can walk about 17 minunte up to the Alhambra , 1.1 km
- Alternatively, you can change buses and ride a but up to the Alhambra (it is much nicer to walk down the hill for your return)
- Walk about 2 minutes over to Plaza Isabel la Católica 4
- Get on the bus C30 to “Alhambra – Generalife 2” it is about a 6 minute ride (7 stops)
- From there it is just a few minute walk to the Alhambra ticket enterance.
- Be sure to book Alhambra tickets ahead, read how and a list of more things to do.
You may buy your bus tickets online now!
By Taxi (English Speaking)
Malaga and Granada Airport Service Fixed Prices
+34 649 121 831
By Shuttle / Private Car Service
There are several options from the shared shuttle to private car services offered through Shuttle Direct. Click here to find the best deals on your transportation from Granada.
By Car – Self Drive
There are many car hire options with very reasonable prices at Granada Airport. This option will be about 90 minutes of driving time from Granada Airport to Almuñecar using the Autopista (motorway). Of course, it is about the same amount of time to go from Almuñecar to Granada Airport. If you are traveling to/from the City Center it is about a 1-hour drive. Click here for Spain car hire tips and tricks!
If you have more time and you don’t like motorways there is an incredibly picturesque road from Almuñecar to Granada.
Follow the signs from the center of Almuñecar to Otivar or Jete. If you go this way it will take about 90 minutes. There are lots of tight bends, the views are spectacular.
- Here is some helpful Granada Airport Info.
- Here is a list of Granada car parks
- If you are going to the Alhambra go to the Alhambra car park
- For stays of more than 24 hours in Granada, it is best to go to Severo Ochoa Car park.
Explore Spain or Europe via train, check Rail Europe deals.
Information about Driving in Spain